Enrollment Guidelines and Information
The College and other local supporters have been providing financial assistance in order to offer the program at minimal cost to all participants, even after the federal funds for this community program disappeared nine years ago.
Although we are asking that everyone helps in defraying a portion of the operational expenses associated with this four week summer program, we have considered many options and tried to keep everyone’s cost to a minimal. When registering your child or children for this summer’s NYSP, we ask that you contribute accordingly to the fee structure provided with the application.
For more general information and guidelines follow this link: http://nysp.wvu.edu/overview
2016 NYSP Registration Fees
Based on Annual Household Income:
|Yearly Household Income||Fee for 1 child||Overall fee for one family with
2 or more children enrolled
|Under $20,000||Scholarship money used
no fee to participant
|Scholarship money used
no fee to participant
|$20,001 – $30,000||$50||$75|
|$30,001 – $40,000||$75||$100|
|$40,001 – $50,000||$100||$125|
|$50,001 – $75,000||$125||$150|
Note: All fees are for entire 4 week program. No weekly fees and no refund of fees will be given for schedule conflicts or changes in personal schedules.
All checks should be made payable to West Virginia University
Free and Reduced Lunch Form must be completed by all participants, regardless of qualification, because it eases the administration and adherence of the summer food program for our NYSP site.
Physical Exam Form: Complete the first page of the Physical Exam Form and mail along with all other forms. Your child needs to be present on Orientation Day (June 22, 2015) to receive the FREE physical exam provided at the camp. NYSP supplied physical examinations cannot be used for any other summer camps or programs and is only intended for the purpose of NYSP.
- If you choose to have a physical exam done by your family doctor or medical agency, please mail or bring proof of recent exam (must have been completed in year 2014) to the first day of camp and remember, NYSP cannot share any expense for a physical exam given by your family doctor or medical agency.
Registration can be completed by:
1. Mailing all materials to:
CPASS, Attn: National Youth Sports Program
PO Box 6116 Morgantown, WV 26506-6116
Forms of payment when sending registration by mail should be in the form of check or money order made payable to West Virginia University.
2. Walk in Registration: Please note the new CPASS building is located at 375 Birch Street (near the rec center).
Acceptable forms of payment for walk-in registration will be cash, check, or credit cards (Visa, Master Card & Discover only). Checks payable to West Virginia University.
All completed forms will be accepted in person at the Lifetime Activities Program Office (Room 258-259 CPASS – Health and Education Building) during the following dates and times.
- May 18 4:30 pm – 6:00 pm Room 258 CPASS Building
- June 1 4:30 pm – 6:00 pm Room 258 CPASS Building
- June 6 4:30 pm – 6:00 pm Room 258 CPASS Building
Walk in registrations will also be accepted the first day of camp, June 21.
3. On-line Payment for camp can be made using credit card (Visa, Master Card, Discover, American Express) at the following site: http://epay.wvsto.com/WVU/WVULifetimeActivitiesProgram/default.aspx
If payment is made online, you will receive an email confirmation of your payment. Registration will not be complete until all registration forms/materials are received.
Fax (304) 293 – 4641
Note: After all completed registration materials have been received, participant will receive acceptance letter along with bus schedules and group information.
NYSP College of Physical Activity and Sport Sciences P.O. Box 6116 Morgantown WV 26505-6116
Ph: (304) 293-3295 | F: (304) 293-4641